THE FIRST KEY TO A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP
When bedtime rolls around, it is so important that you get ready for it. Your body needs to be lulled into relaxation and sent to sleep, so your mind can quickly follow and achieve a great night’s rest. If you can achieve a consistent and regular bedtime routine, you can sleep longer and much more effectively (and naturally!). Take a look at some of the tips mentioned below and remember to stick to it for at least a week before deciding to abandon it. Good things take time to become habits!
Our Top Tips:
- Use each tip for more than a week to ensure results before trying other methods.
- Make sure that you have a dedicated and specific waking and sleeping time every day.
- Take note of which teas or healthy products help sooth you for sleep and utilize them.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of good sleep every night for optimum functioning ability the next morning. If you don’t get it, soldier on and go to sleep at the same time the next night. Keep a routine!
- Be disciplined and willful about your new sleeping arrangements and stick to them. No matter how tempted you are not to, don’t stray from your new routine.
- Engage in a little bit of reading directly before bed as this calms your mind and soothes your body. Don’t use your tablets or devices of the same nature as the bright light will stimulate and confuse your body’s circadian rhythm.
- Don’t take daytime naps, no matter what the other experts may say. Save your sleep for the night and if you feel like you need to go to bed earlier, then there is no harm in that. The harm comes from taking naps that will leave you feeling even groggier than when you put your head down. Remember to soldier on!
- Try and utilise some natural remedies from your pharmacy and ask if they have anything that can help you set a sleeping pattern. Many people suffer the same problems with insomnia. They may be able to assist you in your quest to get some normal sleep for a change!
Consider consulting your GP or doctor for any extra advice that may not have been listed here in this article.
Good luck on your journey!